Sports Injury Assessment and Rehabilitation
The Active Recovery clinic offers two components to the treatment of injured Athletes.
The Active Recovery Clinic offers a joint orthopedic and physiotherapy assessment clinic as well as on going treatment for injured athletes of all levels
THE ACTIVE RECOVERY CLINIC
Sports Injury Assessment Clinic
Dr. Terry McAllister – ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON
And registered Physiotherapist, Jennifer Townsend.
Dr. McAllister obtained his fellowship in sports Injury medicine at the Fowler Institute at the University of Western Ontario. Over the last several years, he has devoted a majority of his practise to the assessment and treatment of athletes of all levels.
The Sports Injury Assessment Clinic runs every Wednesday from 3:00 to 6:00 at our Taunton location in the Taunton Medical Centre. The Sports Assessment Clinic offers athletes immediate access to experienced and knowledgeable health professionals in the sports injury field. No referral is necessary, but is preferred. As well, clients must call to schedule an appointment. There is a $25.00 administration fee.
Who Should Attend?
- Clients with acute or chronic injuries wanting advice on their injury, as well as return to sport and treatment guidelines.
- Athletes wanting immediate access to treatment
- Athletes whose injuries are not progressing and require further investigation and/or alternative treatment.
- Athletes suffering from any injury preventing them from returning to their sport
- Athletes requiring information regarding sports bracing.
ON GOING SPORTS INJURY ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT
Athletes of all levels (recreational to elite)
Athletes of all types who do not need to see the specialist and wish to commence immediate treatment can call in and schedule an initial consult with physiotherapists experienced in the assessment and treatment of sports injuries. Following a detailed evaluation, clients will commence on an individualized progressive treatment program with the goal of return to pain free sporting activities.